General Electric Corporation, including media in Chicago
The issues and general information from Media Issues Links
- THE ISSUES, General Electric Corporation, including media in Chicago
- General Electric Corporation / NBC incites public support for war.
- General Electric Corporation's NBC News' "news" misleads millions of people about our most serious national life-and-death decisions.
- A study at the Program on International Policy Attitudes at the University of Maryland found that misperceptions about the war in Iraq correlate strongly with watching Fox News. Click here
- "GE lied! Tens of thousands died!"
- "General Electric's NBC sells wars!"
General Electric makes fortunes on war. Cf. "Why media ownership matters", by Amy Goodman and David Goodman, Seattle Times, April 3, 2005.
- Some resources on the media's handling of war and peace issues
- AlterNet's news digest on peace, war, and media.
- MediaChannel's news digest on peace, war, and media.
- Deliberate misinformation is rampant on NBC News media. Some documentation is at Media Matters.
- General Electric Corporation monopolizes media, especially major U.S. television and radio licenses. It strips away local interest and control. News programs are to gather audiences wanted by advertisers, not to serve the public interest with ethical journalism.
General Electric supports the National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) paying public officials with money, benefits, and helpful coverage while lobbying for U.S. broadcasting as giant monopolies single-mindedly pursuing their private commercial interests.
Click for MORE on Monopolies and Media
- "NO, to 8 more years! NO, to relicensing General Electric Corporation to use Chicago's Channel 5!"
- General Electric Corporation lobbies U.S. lawmakers and the FCC against media diversity.
- GENERAL INFORMATION, General Electric Corporation, including media in Chicago
- THIS WEB PAGE IS BEING DEVELOPED. CHECK BACK SOON. YOUR IDEAS ARE WELCOME.